How does it work?
Do you want to plant food on road sides, community gardens,
public areas and would like some help?
Through this site, it is possible to become a part of this movement and create a Free The Food Family, add Members, and create Planting Projects !
Planting Projects are the main part of this movement:
This platform helps Members begin, maintain and share about their projects.
- Each Family, Member, Project and Farm have their own profile page where they can share their story, pictures, updates, knowledge, ideas and receive donations.
- The Core Members of the family guide and instruct Members to create Planting Projects from scratch as there are many things to consider when planting in public/shared spaces and how to keep maintaining the plants.
- By linking Social Media pages it’s easy to receive Donations through different applications: Crypto, Paypal, Sinpe, Cashapp, Venmo, GoFundme, Giveth. It is encouraged to be very active on social media, make updates frequently, ask for support and inspire people to donate to your projects.
- When you are ready to work on the land, invite your local community to volunteer and help you prepare the land and plant.
- These Action days are precious: we share knowledge, gifts and resources, we get to know each other and connect, we eat together, we learn from one another…
Do you have a great relationship with a neighbor that has a cow field next to a road, or a big grass landscape and there is enough space to plant the road side with food and fruit trees ?
You can take the initiative to join with them and become members of a FTF family to create a Project page. There, you will be able to write the vision of your planting system and of your maintenance plan.
Start working on it with minimal resources and by sharing this project on different social media accounts & setting up profile pages in this site you will find people to sponsor and donate to your project !
Visit these pages as examples:
1) Community Garden Las Tumbas | Diamante Valley Family
La Luz Del Bosque
Do you want to understand in more details ?
Are you inspired and want to start a family?
Read our protocol to start a Free the Food Family and start creating a Project: